31 March 2006

Oxford American, how I love thee.

Most of my blog-readers already know this (I reckon 2 out of 3 counts as "most"), but let it be known that though I love Oxford American for lots of reasons, I now have another: this glossy mag with admirable Southern quirkiness has taken one of my poems!

The poetry editor returned two of three recently submitted poems in Monday's mail, indicating that he had sent the third about to all the staff, so I was hopeful but unsure. But yesterday, the managing editor emailed me to say that they'll publish "Three Days After Easter, 1994" in their upcoming "Best of the South" issue (on newsstands mid-May), and they're even paying me. Little do they know they don't need to: I'm so thrilled I'm about to come out of my skin.

So yesterday was a red-letter day for my inbox. And my year. And my life.

2 comments:

Denny Burk said...

Congratulations! Do they have it posted online somewhere? I went to the website and couldn't find it.

Jen said...

I don't know if they'll publish it online or not, but if they do it won't be until mid-May when the issue itself hits newsstands.