14 June 2007

If Grandma Esther wrote 8 facts about herself

1. Jenny, you don't want to know about me. I mean, nobody wants to know eight things about me. I'm just going to stand over here now.

2. What am I doing? First one thing and another.

3. Keep this hammer beside my bed, just case this house catches on fire I'll break that window out now.

4. That boy at Brookshire's, he must have pushed the wrong keys; salad dressing on sale last week two for three dollars, but do you know I paid 3.49? I got that jar in a bag with my ticket and last week's circular; Venita said she'd take it for me or I will, she does that all the time they get things wrong. That ain't right, Jenny.

5. Well, he don't have to be black.

6. Wish I could get a hose and put that gas from my old car into yours.

7. If you'd come in right now, I'd write you a check for Nolan. Whatever he wants, now. I don't want him to not have something he needs. You buy him some food now, Jenny. Don't let him cry, go hungry. We want our little boy to have it all. Something you see somewhere else, something someone else has, you just get it and I'll pay you back now.

8. Call me. Grandma. Esther.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think i must love that grandma ester. sincerely. she has such personality. thanks for the post.

Jen said...

Well, good. Mission accomplished. She's all full of personality, that's for sure. A few other things too, but that's a different story.

Micah said...

#8 in real-time would look something like this:

(message begins)
.
.
.
.
(rustle)
.
.
call me
.
.
.
.
Grandma
.
Esther
.
.
.
.
.
(rustle)
(phone hangs up)

Jen said...

It's also important to note that the above transcription is from an answering machine message. Man, I wish we still had that.

Unknown said...

No doubt about it - Grandma Esther is unique!